Saturday 20 July 2013

Corn Penne with Cherry Tomatoes and Courgettes (Gluten Free)


Last night both me and Patch got home relatively late and hungry so I whipped up something fresh and satisfying in 20 min flat!
I had some leftover courgettes from the farmers market, garlic (always a staple in our home and possibly the most powerful natural antibiotic out there!), then all we had to buy were cherry tomatoes.We got a £1 bag from Sainsburys as we were low on money but if you can, do get some bright red juicy ones possibly from a farmers market. I also got my "stash" of corn pasta from my last trip to Italy and penne were our choice for dinner.
This dish was so good we literally cleaned our plates!

RECIPE (serves 2)

1 pack of fresh cherry tomatoes chopped in quarters (just to let you know, I also chopped 1 medium organic tomato that was left in my fridge and needed to be eaten)

2 cloves of garlic chopped in teeny tiny pieces

2 small courgettes cut in 4 lenghtwise (picture below) and then thinly sliced

1-2 tbsp Extravirgin olive oil

salt and pepper to season

1 pack Penne Gluten Free Corn Pasta (the brand I used is called Le Veneziane)


Get a pan , pop in all the ingredients (except the pasta!) and turn the stove on to medium heat.
Cover with a lid and stir every now and then for 20 min.

As the sauce is cooking and your kitchen is filling up with a gorgeous smell,  put some salt in a pot and bring water to a boil ( to speed up the process is boil my water in a kettle and then add it to the pot so when I turn the heat on it boils straight away. Lazy much?), add your pasta of choice in and cook according to instructions on the packet.
I always try a bit of pasta about 1 or 2 min before the time ends just to double check if it's ready before the instructions said.
Once your pasta is cooked, drain it, add it to the pan with your vegetables and mix well.
I normally keep some of the boiling water should the pasta get a bit dry when drained but in this case, probably because of the water content of both vegetables that's released during cooking, I really didn't need to.
You can add some parmesan cheese if you wish.
Sit down and enjoy.x



No comments:

Post a Comment