Sunday 27 April 2014

Happy Chocolate Mousse



I'm currently going through a pretty stressful time in my life, and the essay I am working on is not making the situation any better.  One thing I can control in this situation is the food I eat, and I am trying to always choose foods that will help me and my body feel happy and healthy.
Enter this raw chocolate mousse. 
I mean who doesn't crave chocolate at some point in their life? And why deprive yourself of it, if you use the right kind you can satisfy your cravings while putting some goodness into your body!  
I find all of these facts so fascinating, how can such a heavenly food also be incredibly good for me? I guess that's why I'm studying nutritional therapy, this way I'll get to increase the amount of foods that will also make me feel and look fabulous!
There's this one recipe that never fails, it's from my all time favourite cooking book Honestly Healthy, filled with delicious recipes that are also so good for you. Actually, their second cookbook has just come out and of course, it's already on my kitchen shelf..
This mousse uses raw cacao which is packed with natural antioxidants ( hellooo beauty food!!!), magnesium and it also increases the levels of serotonin in you brain, it basically increases the "happy".  All I did this time around was add some raw honey instead of agave and some cinnamon too, because I just think cinnamon makes absolutely everything taste better! Also, it's a comforting spice that will always put a smile on my face. Exactly what I need right now. Finally, I increased the dose of water as my blender wasn't working as well as I needed and I ended up making this mousse sooooo wonderfully smooth!
So here it is, a Honestly Healthy recipe with a tiny Foodolina twist.

Raw chocolate mousse

1 soft avocado
1 tbsp coconut oil ( melted) 
3 tbsp water 
1 tbsp raw honey
2 heaped tablespoons of raw cacao
1 tsp cinnamon 
raspberries as topping ( optional but they add extra flavour and texture that makes this mousse just irresistible)

Add avocado, water and melted coconut oil to a blender ( mine wasn't working properly so ended up transferring everything in my food processor..) whizz till smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients,except raspberries, and whizz again. if there's still a little cacao powder here and there or everything hasn't mixed to perfection just transfer it to a bowl and fold it in yourself with a spatula which you'll then be able to lick till it's clean! 
Pop the chocolaty mixture in a ramekin and place in the fridge for 1 hr. When you take it out just add your raspberries and enjoy. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment