Sunday 8 June 2014

Summer Salad



We've had a few hot days lately here in London and when the weather is so summery, my body screams for fresh foods. I wanted to make a quick salad  to satisfy my cravings but I also needed to pack it with gorgeous ingredients that were delicious and really good for me!
And so my summer salad was born.
It has some of my favourite things in it such as sweet potatoes and red and yellow peppers.
I also added some cannellini beans for protein and chopped one small avocado to add healthy fats.
On top of everything, this salad ended up being so colourful, it made happy just looking at it!

Here we go: serves 1
1 bag of organic mixed salad
1 small avocado chopped
1 sweet potato chopped (with added paprika, cinnamon and dried herbs OPTIONAL)
1/2 red pepper sliced
1/2 yellow pepper sliced
1/2 can cannellini beans (rinsed)
1 handful of pumpkin seeds

DRESSING
Extrvirgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar to your taste and a sprinkle of Pink Himalayan salt (or sea salt)

I used one oven tray lined with baking paper for both sweet potato and peppers, just place them on opposite sides. Just pop the pepper slices on the tray (make sure you washed the peppers first!). as for the sweet potato, once you chopped it, sprinkle some paprika, cinnamon and mediterranean herbs with a little salt (at least that's what I do, but you can just keep it simple and add some salt,pepper and a little bit of dried herbs if you prefer), add 1tbsp of extravirgin olive oil and add to the tray. Bake at 180C for about 30 min.
That was the hard part, now you just put all the ingredients together and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds!
Buon Appetito.xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment