Saturday 27 September 2014

A Beauty Salad for Lilith..



I met my friend Lilith years ago, when I was offered a role in a short film she was directing.
Over the years, we kept in touch and I have seen her blossom into one of the smartest, strongest, most beautiful and inspiring women I know. Last week she saw a photo of this salad I made for lunch at work and she fell in love with it. So this recipe is dedicated to her.x

It's a very simple and tasty salad, packed with delicious beauty foods that will help you to glow inside out!
-Rocket is a great alkaline choice and helps your liver's detoxifying process.
-Pomegranate contains polyphenols which may help with antioxidant (its juice is a more powerful antioxidant than green tea and red wine!), anti carcinogenic and anti-inflammatory effects.
-Wild Alaskan Salmon is a good source of protein and (can be swapped for any oily fish of your choice such as mackerel, sardines etc..) Omega 3 Fatty acids with anti inflammatory properties.
-Avocado is a great source of healthy fats and will make your skin, every time I add more avocados into my diet I can see the results on my skin within a week!
-Tahini (sesame paste) is another fabulous and delicious source of protein and it's high in minerals and vitamin E and B.
-Lemon is very alkaline in your body and helps detox
-Orange contains beta caroten to help with vision and immunity, it's a source of vitamin C, contains polyphenols that make it a helpful antioxidant
-Extravirgin Olive Oil : great source of monounsaturated fat, one of the main ingredients in the healthy Mediterranean diet,  best eaten raw (use coconut oil to cook at high heat instead!). Antioxidant source, anti inflammatory.
-Raw, cold pressed honey contains enzymes, antioxidants and has antibacterial properties.

Now that I gave you all these yummy infos let's make this salad!

INGREDIENTS (serves 1 person)

For the salad
1 bag of organic rocket leaves
1 roasted/steamed wild alaskan salmon fillet (click here to see how I cook mine)
seeds of half a pomegranate
Half a large avocado or 1 small avocado in cubes 

For the dressing (original recipe by Naturally Sassy, i just amended it to my taste, looke her up she is truly inspiring)

2 tbsp Light Tahini
Juice of half lemon
Juice of 1/2 orange
1tbsp extravirgin olive oil
1/2 tsp raw honey

I break up my salmon in bits and sprinkle it on rocket leaves, do the same with the rest of  the ingredients.
Grab a small bowl and mix all the ingredients for the dressing, then pour on your salad and mix it up!
You can choose to sprinkle pumpkin seeds to add an extra protein and mineral (such as zinc, great for immunty) boost.

Hope you'll love this recipe as much as I do.x



No comments:

Post a Comment